Supporting and strengthening your child’s communication.
Whether your child is completely non-verbal, never stops talking, or falls somewhere in between, we can help.
It can be frustrating for children when they are struggling with social skills, have trouble making the correct speech sounds, or have difficulty understanding and using language appropriately.
And as a parent, wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a clear path forward and a map to guide you towards your child’s next milestone, the next big breakthrough and their biggest successes to date, and in a way that fits right in with (not around) your family’s already overloaded schedule?
It is possible. With the right supports in place your child can surpass your expectations,
reach their full potential and thrive.
Your input is hugely valuable in this process because you know your child better than anyone!
That’s why our caring and experienced therapists will work closely with you to develop an individualised care plan designed to support and strengthen your child’s communication and give you simple strategies that fit seamlessly into your everyday routines and activities - so you don't need to worry about finding extra time for them in your busy day.
At Limestone Speech, we provide intervention services for children in a wide range of communication areas
- Stuttering (speech fluency)
- Social communication skills
- Speech skills (pronouncing sounds correctly in words)
- Using words and sentences and a variety of vocabulary
- Understanding words, sentences, and questions, and following directions
- Higher level language areas such as problem solving, predicting, and understanding idioms e.g. I’ve got butterflies in my stomach
We also see children who:
- Do not use any words yet or who are late talkers
- Communicate using visual systems e.g. Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), PODD book, or LAMP Words for Life
- Use Key Word Signs or gestures to get their message across
- Have difficulties with literacy or even grammar
Once your child has been assessed and their needs determined, our team will work closely with you to understand their strengths and areas for improvement.
- We’ll create an individualised treatment plan and give you simple follow up tasks that can be incorporated easily as you go about everyday routines and tasks.
- Our therapists can see your child in our comfortable Mount Gambier or Naracoorte clinics for speech assessment or therapy sessions. Can’t make it to a session? Don’t worry, your child can still receive our speech pathology services. We may also be able to visit your child’s education centre or school.